Are You Looking For Capital or Do You Want to Retire?
HighPoint and its investors, back high quality businesses with a credible and achievable growth plan.
If you are a business owner looking for capital to fund a growth plan; diversify your wealth or are seeking to put in place a succession plan to enable you to exit your business; are a senior manager of a business looking to do a management buy-in/buy-out; or an experienced senior manager that has identified a business that you would like to buy and run, we would love to hear from you.
The benefits of partnering with us include:
- Straight forward approach – ie: easy to deal with and are able to quickly determine if we can do a deal or not
- Extensive operational and investment experience with broad business networks to assist you and your business in ‘opening doors’
- A proven track record in having access to capital investors, keen on making illiquid investments
- Experience in structuring partial exit transactions for mutual benefit
- Participation by and input from investor partners where appropriate (eg. industry expertise, commercial connections, business development ideas)
We focus on the Investment rather than the specific market sectors, we do not favour any one industry or sector. Instead we consider a broad range of potential investments based on the quality and integrity of management, the company’s growth prospects and our ability to add value to the opportunity.
More specifically we look for businesses that:
- Are cash flow positive with current EBITDA between $1.5 million and $10 million
- Sustainable and growing business
- Minimum four year trading history
- Identified competitive advantage
- Positioned for strong organic growth or growth through acquisitions
- Require additional capital to deliver on the growth ambitions or require replacement capital for an owner wanting to retire
Outside of the above criteria we will also consider:
- Financially distressed companies which have sound underlying businesses but which suffer from an inappropriate legacy capital structure (ie: not pure turnarounds).
We adopt a wide range of investment structures, but most importantly we take a conservative attitude towards debt and generally avoid highly geared businesses.
We typically invest equity between $3.5 million and $15 million per investment (single or multiple tranches).
We DO NOT invest in:
- Early stage non-profitable businesses
- Pure Mining/Resources
- Wine & Agri businesses